Insurance Basics


What do I need to consider when choosing AUTO insurance coverage?

All drivers in Wisconsin are required to have auto insurance coverage. You’re required to carry a minimum amount of auto insurance.  Although many of the different coverage types are optional, liability coverage is mandatory in Wisconsin.  Liability coverage may help you meet state driving requirements, however, you should consider buying higher levels of coverage to provide greater protection.       

Choose your coverage limits carefully. You might be personally responsible for damages that exceed the limits you select. Consider whether you can afford this possibility.   

Choose your deductible carefully. Choose deductibles you can afford to pay.   

Check with your lending source or leasing company before choosing a policy. If you have a loan on your car, you may be required to have comprehensive and collision coverage.   

Roadside Coverage - Roadside Assistance Coverage provides towing to the nearest qualified repair facility and necessary labor at the place of disablement when the vehicle is disabled.   

Trip Interruption Coverage - Trip interruption coverage is provided for mechanical breakdowns and covered comprehensive and collision losses.

Protect Your Home and Yourself With Homeowners Insurance Coverage

Dwelling coverage - This insurance helps protect the structure, built-in appliances and wall-to-wall carpet of your house from damage.

Extended Replacement Cost - This homeowners insurance may help pay to replace or repair personal property without depreciation being taken from the value of the property.      

Water backup of sewer - Broadens the coverage for loss due to water backup through sewers or drains.       

Scheduled personal property - This insurance provides additional coverage for high-value items such as jewelry, watches, antiques, guns and fine art.     

Other structures coverage - This option covers property not attached to your house. This can include a detached garage or a yard barn.

Contents coverage - This protection helps cover your furniture, clothing and other items in your home from covered losses as defined by your policy.  

Personal liability - This insurance consists of two parts: bodily injury and property damage. If an accident occurs in your home that damages someone or something, personal liability can help pay for covered damages.    

Medical payments to others - This coverage may help pay for medical or funeral expenses of someone who is injured on your property.    

Ordinance or law insurance - This insurance may help pay to rebuild your house to current building codes after a covered loss.        

Homeowners policies can provided alot of unique coverages depending on your needs.  Talk to an agent today to figure out what company best fits your home.

Why You Need an Umbrella Policy

If you’re faced with a lawsuit, injury or accident, the expenses may exceed the existing coverage of your auto or homeowners policy. If coverage falls short, a judge could order you to pay up, liquidating your savings, your home and personal property and even garnishing your wages. 

Personal umbrella (also referred to as executive umbrella) is a broad coverage liability policy designed to protect your personal assets from bodily injury and property damage lawsuits, preventing you from incurring these unexpected expenses.